Thursday, April 16, 2009
Shop Set up
To be a good woodworker I'm going to need an adequate shop. I don't have a lot of space or tools right now, so this should be interesting. And even though Marc at the Woodwhisperer.com doesn't have anything to say to guys who want to park in there garages, I do, so I'm going to need to make my workshop modular so that I can quickly set up and tear down when I'm in the middle of a project. So far I've created a basic workbench from so kitchen cabinets that a friend very kindly let me remove from and old run-down farmhouse of hers. I put it on wheels so that I can move it to the middle of the garage when needed. However I made this before watching the woodwhisperer and didn't pay close attention to it being perfectly flat or level. Therefore I'm going to need to make a proper assembly table at a later date. I think that is why my first project wasn't perfectly flat when I finished assembling. The other part of my workshop development involves getting proper tools. My parents gave me a table saw last Christmas but I have many more needs than tools right now. I'll try to post a tool inventory and wish list at a later date. I've come across a few lists of essential tools and I'll quite those as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment